- Raise my FTP power from 265W (estimated as I don't have a PM) by some ungodly huge amount. I weigh about 152 pounds, so that works out to be about 3.8W/kg. Let's make my goal 4W/kg, so my goal power is 276W estimated (I don't have a lot of weight to lose, but if I do that will be bonus).
- Break the 19-minute barrier on Old La Honda Road. I wonder if 276W will do that...
- Win my first Cat 3 criterium. No particular one.
- OK, maybe I can set some more specific race goals: Win Coyote Creek Circuit Race and Watsonville Criterium. Ugh, that's a stretch goal!
- Win my first Expert cross-country race. Could happen, given the right course.
- Enter my first dirt short-track race, at Sea Otter Classic, and don't get pulled.
- Finish top-10 in any road race (likely 45+ open Cat). Any race will do; this is also a stretch goal!
- Provide invaluable service to my teammates in other races, helping them to win!
Well, I'm certainly looking forward to 2008; as long as the rest of my life cooperates. Real life has a way of intruding on this little fantasy world I like to visit.
Wish me luck!