Want to buy my 2008 Giant TCR?

Hey, this may be a blog, but it is all about me, and I am thinking of selling this bike (see here, here and here for other posts about it), so here goes:

I bought this bike brand-new and unassembled in a box in June '08, as a 2008 Giant TCR C3 with the standard Shimano 105/Tiagra components and awesome carbon-fiber frame. But it is actually just the '08 C3 frame (size "medium," or about 54 cm equivalent) built up with the '07 Shimano Ultegra/Race Face components from my previous 2007 TCR C2. The '07 C2 components have roughly 2,400 miles on them, while the '08 C3 frame has only about 800 miles it.

It is pretty much standard otherwise, but I replaced the original Mavic Aksium wheels with Easton EA50SL wheels (could swap with others if you wish), and installed a sweet Enduro ceramic BB. Everything is in great condition.



Here are the bike's current specs:

  • Race Face Cadence, 31.8mm handlebar
  • Fi'zi:k Aliante saddle (Selle San Marco shown in photo)
  • Shimano Ultegra SDP pedals
  • Shimano Ultegra front and rear derailleurs
  • Shimano 105 brakes
  • Shimano Ultegra 10-speed shifters
  • Shimano Ultegra 12- 25T, 10 speed cassette
  • Shimano Ultegra chain
  • Race Face 39/53t crank
  • Enduro ceramic BB (woo-hoo!)
  • Easton EA50SL 30mm-dish wheels
  • Vittoria Open Corsa Evo-CX open clincher tires

Just for comparison, here are the 2009 C2 specs:
http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-US/bikes/road/1236/29252/

The frame fits me great (I am 5' 7-1/2" with an inseam of about 32", if that helps). I don't think the frame has a single scratch on it.

Please e-mail me for more info, or to arrange a time to check out the bike. The '07 C2 bike was about $2,100 new, the '08 C3 was about $1,700, so I am looking to get about $1,499 for it. If I can't get a decent price I will just keep it. Thanks!

[Update: My 2008 has been sold!]

p.s. I would also consider selling my repaired 2007 frame with the 2008 TCR C3's 105/Tiagra/Race Face components instead. But only if the price is right. :-)

Comments