My 2009 season, part deux

I had a "fair-to-meddling" early season, and thought I'd post an update on my racing since then. I am still training through my races, so my expectations aren't high. But it was nice to get some better results this summer. Here are my official USA Cycling results. But they are incomplete since some race organizers don't submit the final results to them. This is the complete list (with links to my race reports and the results):
  1. Cat's Hill Classic criterium (30th place)
  2. Berkeley Hills Road Race, (DNF)
  3. Wheels of Thunder Dash for Cash criterium (14th place)
  4. Pescadero Coastal Classic Road Race (DNP)
  5. Benicia Town Race criterium (13th place)
  6. Watsonville Criterium (5th place)
  7. Nor/Cal Nevada District Road Race Championships (20th place)
  8. Dunnigan Hills Road Race (2nd place)
  9. San Ardo Road Race (3rd place)
  10. Giro di San Francisco (7th place)
I was very happy after winning the "field sprint" at Dunnigan; man, that was awesome! But I still keep thinking "what if I had followed Jan when he soloed off the front?" Would his teammates have shut the break down? Or let the two of us go? If the latter I could have sprinted for the win against Jan. If, if, if, etc. :-)

Now I will mostly just enter some hill-climbs for training. Then on to the 2010 season. I plan on trying to "peak and taper" for a few races next year. I miss having better results!

Ciao,

Comments